On Monday, research firm IDG has released their global survey on the use of the iPad tablet in the business world. The result? 91% of business and IT professionals using the iPad to help them work, even if Apple only deploy about 25% of its total sales for corporate market.
According to the survey, use iPad primarily among professionals is the same as the ordinary consumer use for multimedia. Although said to be not very mobile because of size 9.7”but 79% of use iPad done outside the home and 54% use it at home. IDG also said that the use of the tablet is still not widely used to replace the computer with a 12% claim to use the iPad as a replacement for a laptop and only 6% who use it as a PC replacement.
- The survey revealed a robust loyalty to Apple with 83 percent globally stating they would not consider buying a different tablet device next time.
- 66 percent say the iPad has partially or completely replaced their laptop
- 72 percent of iPad owners carry their laptop less
- 70 percent now buy fewer physical books and newspapers
IDG Connect Report Shows 91% of Worldwide IT and Business Professionals Use Their iPad for Work Communication
IDG Connect’s iPad for business survey based on interviews with IT and business professionals across every continent, reveals that more professionals always use their iPad for work communication than personal communication.
Nearly a quarter of respondents even have their iPad supplied by work, a statistic which climbs sharply in continents like Africa (47%) and Europe (40%). In addition to this, a surprising 51% of those surveyed always use the device at work, almost as many who always use it at home (54%). This is especially true in the Middle East and Africa, where over 70% always use it at work and less than half always use it at home.
The results also show stark changes in content consumption, and provide evidence that B2B marketers should tailor information to the tablet medium:
- 97% of professionals use the iPad for reading
- 70% + now buy fewer physical books and newspapers
- 72% of iPad owners carry their laptop less
- 66% say the iPad has partially or completely replaced their laptop
- The survey revealed a robust loyalty to Apple with 83% globally stating they would not consider buying a different tablet device next time.
Kathryn Cave, editor at IDG Connect International said “This research shows the tablet is fast becoming a true work device, provided by employers and used in the office for business communication. It also highlights some startling regional variations, emphasising the need for marketers to adapt content to local markets as well as new mediums.”
You can follow us on Twitter or like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Technology.