What’s new in Windows 8?
So what makes this new creation of Microsoft stand apart from the majority of other operating systems developed by it?
• Window Live’s Cloud Syncing helps you sync your Address books, Photos, Sky Dive Data and even data within third part apps with Windows Live.
• Quick access toolbar is also there to give a fast access to the favorite buttons of the new office-style ribbons.
• Windows 8′s new Task Manager has been divided into two formats: simple task manager which can be used for the basic tasks and a detailed task manager which is also filled with information about the CPU, RAM, Metro Application history so that one can avoid the apps that get launched on start up without undergoing MSConfig.
• Windows 8 has a picture password feature that enables you to get into your system by swiping any invisible gesture using a picture to orient yourself.
• Any tablet based apps will suspend it once you change into the desktop thus preventing taking of any important resources.
• It has an increased performance compared to Microsoft’s already developed Windows 7.
• Windows 8 has a modern metro style touch-based interface which can switch to a desktop as and when required.
• It has a set of tiles that represent each application and the information corresponding to those apps. However, the new touch-based controls let you multi-task by running all the applications simultaneously.
Apart from these unique features, a system-wide spellchecker which will let you avoid over-reliance on specific application to make your writing up to the mark. It also has a System-wide search option that allows you search everything from the music library option to personal contacts and to the web itself.
Another unique feature of Windows 8 that makes it better is that it manages power while multitasking, though one has different apps running in Windows 8 simultaneously; the power is drawn only by those displayed on your screen while the remaining do not draw any power until they are active again.
With Windows 8, you are just a click away if you require a cleaner, want to install Windows faster or refresh your PC. There is a setting to refresh points like restoring points which helps in getting your PC back to the way to the earlier times.
Windows 8 marks a departure from the way we use PCs considering Metro touch interface as the future. Its development has created a new platform for software and hardware innovation. Windows 8 extends the operating system to a variety of devices. With a wave of innovative devices, Windows 8 is surely going to revive the PC sales and help it grow from the minimal growth range. However, this innovation might dilute the lines between those that are not PCs and the innovations that we consider as PCs today.